Many fashion designers (Moschino, Kenzo, DKNY) favored silhouettes with skinny pants for Fall-Winter 2013-2014 season. Isabel Marant Fall 2013 RTW collection featured many outfits with leggings. What does that mean for us, fashionistas? In case you have been wondering if leggings are still in style for Fall-Winter 2013-2014 season, the answer is… YES! We can still enjoy our lazy fashion days, when wearing anything else, but leggings, seems as an arduous task to handle. We all know that leggings can be flattering for different body types; they provide additional warmth during fall-winter season; they are comfortable, and, most importantly, they are stylish and trendy (for numerous seasons in a row).
Today I am going to share with you different ways to rock leggings this Fall-Winter 2013-2014 season. Shall we get started?
1. With oversized top. Oversized top seem to rightfully be the most popular piece of clothing for wearing with leggings. First of all, it creates so-needed balance in a silhouette: skinny bottom and volume on top. Secondly, an oversized top that covers upper hips and buttocks saves us from overexposure. In this particular set, I went for classy black-and-white combination, and added extra classiness with fitted jacket and lace boots. And, at the end, I brightened the outfit up with some burgundy, which is one of the trendiest colors for Fall-Winter 2013-2014 season.
2. Printed leggings + simple top combination. Isn’t this pair of leggings from Mary Katrantzou a piece of fashion art? Leggings like these do not need much added to them. A simple straight sweatshirt, similar to the one in this set, will only further accentuate printed leggings and make them the main accent of an outfit. Have I mentioned that printed leggings are in for 2013-2014 season?
3. With skater dress. Leggings are perfect for wearing with short dresses, skater dresses included. Layering is one of the hottest trends of Fall-Winter 2013-2014 season. Muted colors such as powder pink and grey, used in this set, are also among the hottest colors of the upcoming season. I combined both of the trends in this outfit, and, this set, is definitely one of my favorites!
4. Muted colors. Continuing with muted color trend, I created this set to illustrate that leggings do not necessarily have to be black or dark brown. A pair of beige leggings will look especially chic and stylish when combined with the same color long sweater. Beanies are also one of the hottest fall 2013 fashion trend, and this grey beanie definitely adds an instant pizzazz to the look.
5. With statement coat. Looks like faux leather leggings continue to be in style for 2013-2014 season. What is the perfect way to wear them? Combine them with trendy color sweater, like this terracotta one, to brighten things up, add a statement coat for extra chic and style, and accessorize with elegant purse and manly oxfords to add some classiness. And you can always add a beanie to your fall 2013 outfits. Whether your outfit is sporty, classy or romantic, you just cannot go wrong with wearing beanie in the upcoming season!
6. With sporty dress and quilted jacket. For a trendy sporty look, wear your leggings with sporty mini dress and wedge sneakers. Do not forget about a quilted jacket which is the hit of the Fall-Winter 2013-2014 season. Leopard print continues to be in style, and a leopard printed purse, like the one in the set, will add an instant spark any sporty outfit.
Styling up. Ready for trying “dress-over-leggings” trend? Leggings can look very dressy, if you style them up with a light chiffon dress, heeled ankle boots and a clutch. Add a statement necklace to the look, and you get a trendy and daring outfit for going out.
As you can see, there are many ways to wear leggings this Fall-Winter 2013-2014. Whether we choose to dress our leggings down or dress them up, there is one certain thing – we will need to have several different pairs of leggings for the upcoming season!
All sets used in this post were created via www.polyvore.com
You might also like: